Thousands of Irish men and women will be benefited from the Working Visa Program launched by the Canadian government, which will be open for 2018. Almost 7000 U.K. citizens and around 10,700 candidates from Ireland have been benefited from this program in 2017 as well. A large number of citizens from Australia have also gathered a huge number of Visas in the last year.
Under the program, the Irish will be permitted to work in Canada for a period of one to two years.
- The eligibility criterion for applying under this program is that the candidate must be at least 18 years of age but should not be older than 35 years.
- The interested candidates from all pools like the International Co-Op or the Young Professionals can begin the process of applying under this scheme by creating profiles.
Candidates from a total of 33 nations who are a part of the International Experience started by Canada can apply for the Working Visa Program.
Fees of the International Experience Program
- The application fee for Canada’s International Experience was C$120 in the year 2017 but it has now increased to C$150.
Changes made to the Working Visa Permit
- Until the year 2015, the Working Visa Permit was issued to the applicants on a first come, first serve basis.
- But the rules were amended later and now the candidates can create their profile anytime they want.
- Since 2016, the applications are selected on a random basis and the same will be followed this year as well.
- The candidates from Young Professionals, International Co-Op, and others candidates from 33 countries across the world who wish to seek Working Visa Permits have to follow the same rules of application this year as well.
- The candidates must create a profile and also be present in the pool’s list of the prospective candidates.
- An invitation for an interview will be sent at regular intervals by the immigration authorities to the deserving candidates from the pool of the prospective candidates.
- The candidate must wait for their invitation letter once their profile has been created.
- As of now, no particular date for the first round of the interviews has been released by the immigration authorities.
- Before the category’s and the countries’ final round of invitations are closed at the end of the season, the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be issuing a notice five days in advance.
Time for the Entire Process
- It takes about 8 weeks to process all the applications received by IRCC for the Working Visa Permit.
In order to become a candidate for the Working Visa Program, you must make sure of the following points:
- Using the ‘Come to Canada Tool’, check your eligibility
- Create an IEC profile and submit it in order to get listed in the pool of candidates
- After you receive the invitation to apply, you can now apply for the work permit
While preparing the application for the work permit, the candidate must keep all the required documents ready. He/she must pay a participation fee of C$150 and submit the application for the Working Permit.